Health and Safety Policy
General Statement of Policy
Cox & Sons Construction Ltd is committed to ensuring the health and safety of everyone who works for the Company and also of everyone who may be affected by the Company’s work activities, including visitors, clients, contractors, and the general public.
This policy sets out the arrangements that are necessary to achieve the above while complying with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 and all other applicable legislation.
The Company will ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, that:
Safe equipment is provided and safe systems of work are devised and implemented
Adequate arrangements are in place for the safe use, handling, storage and transport of materials, substances and equipment
Sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision is given to ensure the health and safety of employees and others affected by their actions
A safe workplace, including a safe means of entering and leaving workplaces, is provided and maintained
The working environment is without risks to health and adequate welfare facilities are provided
It is Company policy to consult with employees on health and safety issues before updating or modifying any part of the health and safety policy and to provide training and information, as appropriate. The Company will do as much as is reasonably practicable to ensure that health and safety arrangements are adequately resourced at all times.
This policy can only be successful with the active co-operation of employees, who have responsibility for taking care of themselves and others, following safe working procedures and reporting any safety issues as soon as possible.
This policy will be reviewed annually and revised as necessary in response to changes in legislation or methods of working.
Barry Cox – Managing Director
Our Environmental Policy shall earn the confidence of employees, customers and the general public by demonstrating our commitment to comply with all relevant environmental legislation and minimise pollution, resource use and waste, where feasible, through the continual improvement of performance in all areas of the Company.
In order to achieve this commitment, we will:
- Identify all environmental impacts that the Company contributes to and establish environmental management procedures that can be incorporated into all business decisions, in a cost effective manner.
- Regularly measure and evaluate our environmental performance, and improve where necessary.
- Promote a culture of continual environmental improvement within the Company.
- Delegate the responsibility for environmental matters to the appropriate levels in the Company.
- Consistently increase the awareness and provide necessary training to all our employees and customers to ensure environmentally responsible concepts are integrated into their normal working practices.
- Demonstrate control of all our operations and ensure that all are performed with due consideration of the environment.
- Identify and mitigate against potential accidents that could result in an environmental impact, so that if an accident did occur the consequences would be minimised.
- Use products that have a negligible environmental impact, where appropriate options exist.
- Reduce the consumption of resources (energy, materials, packaging), where feasible.
- Minimise waste through a commitment to reuse, recover or recycle, where feasible.
The Company will communicate the Environmental Policy to all employees, and it will be freely available to customers and the general public.
The Managing Director is personally responsible for the environmental performance of the Company and signs this policy statement in acknowledgement of this overall responsibility.